Industrialisation of Additive Manufacturing: From Concept to End Product19-05-2016 13:13
Additive Manufacturing (AM) offers many benefits over traditional manufacturing techniques in the concept and prototyping of designs. AM technology allows the generation of complex geometries and lattice structures to make lighter and more efficient components. Enabling innovative designs, AM is challenging the way objects are designed and manufactured, delivering advantages such as speed, efficiency, lightness and reduced time and cost.
Targeted towards organisations involved in high value design and manufacturing, CFMS, Altair and HiETA will take organisations through the journey from concept to end product, showcasing an example of an AM product it has produced as a collaboration.
Presenting a series of case studies along with the latest academic research, delegates will have the opportunity to hear directly from industry end users, academia and organisations involved in AM. Initial confirmed speakers include Airbus, BAE Systems, GKN, Rolls-Royce and The University of Nottingham. Delivering a wealth of information, the event will specifically highlight and discuss the challenges for AM along with testing and certification for AM products, a key area of interest for organisations.
Who should attend:
- Small, medium and large organisations that utilise engineering design as part of their product to market process
- Organisations with an interest in the use of composites, additive manufacturing and the stages involved in developing, designing and manufacturing products
Why you should attend:
- Learn how industry end users are using AM technology, and how this is being applied to solve challenges
- Understand the end-to-end process for AM and how your organisation could benefit from this technology
- Network with individuals involved in AM and high value design and manufacturing
To register for the event, complete the registration form below.
We look forward to seeing you at the event.
Our collaborative links extend across industry, academia and the research supply chain. Engaging with organisations large and small, we enable companies of all sizes to experience the full benefit of modelling and simulation, helping to provide access to the right tools, resources, skills and technologies, resulting in increased productivity and faster, more informed decision-making.
See more: cfms.org.uk